Do you deposit money for an SBI account frequently at a non-home branch? And does the non-home branch deposit limit (INR 25000/- per day) make you visit your branch daily?
Even if you are a not an SBI customer you can deposit money to an SBI customer’s account from anywhere.
All you need is the Green Remittance Card!
What is a GRC card?
The card will be mapped on to a single account (only one account) and used only to deposit money to that customer from any branch and Cash Deposit Machine (CDM) at any place.
Who and where you can get the card?
You can get the card at any SBI branch and if even you are not a customer of SBI you can apply for this card.
Card benefits and charges
- No need to remember the account number to deposit money in that account
- No need of PIN number to deposit money in the account.
- Any individuals (customer and non-customer) can apply for the GRC card for a particular account.
- No need to fill a challan inside the branch.
- Can be used in CDM and also in GCC.
With all these benefits, the charge for applying for this card for an account is INR 20/- + GST.
To apply for the card, you should bring the photograph and the photo ID proof of yourself (Original and photocopy). You should duly fill in the application and submit it with the photo and required documents.
In the application, you have to fill in your details, the Account number and branch of the beneficiary for whom you are going to apply for the card.
- Voter ID card
- PAN card
- Driving License
- Government / Defence ID card
- AADHAR card
And, you have to pay INR 20/- + GST so you can get the card from the branch.
There will be no need to set the PIN because it doesn’t need any PIN to deposit money.
Transaction details and charges
Inside the branch, you can deposit an amount up-to 40000/- per day (INR 25000/- at one instant) and INR 100000/- per month using Green Channel Counter (GCC) at any SBI branch.
In CDM, you can deposit Up to INR 100000/- per month. But a charge of INR 25/- (For non-home branch CDM) per transaction will be deducted from the account.
Additional information about GRC
- For each account, you have to buy a separate card to deposit.
- There will be a charge in case you deposit money in CDM with or without a card.
- Better use account number rather than using GRC in CDM. But most of the CDM machines will not be in working condition, so card is preferable to deposit inside the branch
So, if you are
- a migrant worker,
- a student,
- have to pay rent to owner,
- not a SBI customer
- or working in a different place and have an SBI account for family use at another place,
you can apply for this card to deposit money to your account or for your family in another account.